Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures performed today. It can reshape, reduce or augment a person's nose to achieve facial harmony and boost self-confidence. It may be performed as a reconstructive procedure to correct a birth defect or an injury such as a broken nose.
Rhinoplasty may be performed for functional rather than cosmetic reasons as well. Combining nose reshaping with septoplasty or endoscopic sinus surgery can effectively treat certain breathing problems, such as those caused by a deviated septum.
Rhinoplasty is an excellent procedure for achieving the following:
- Balance the size of the nose with the other facial features
- Modify the width of the nose at the bridge
- Improve the nasal profile, including removing humps or depressions
- Contour a nasal tip that is too large, "boxy," drooping or upturned
- Change the angle between the nose and the mouth
- Narrow and reshape the nostrils
- Correct asymmetry or deviation
We encourage you to browse this site for more information and visit Dr. Walden's main practice website at www.drjenniferwalden.com or phone the office at (512) 328-4100 to arrange for your consultation. Dr. Walden recently relocated her Manhattan cosmetic surgery practice to back to her hometown of Austin, Texas. Her office address is 5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite E201, Austin, Texas 78746.